There are a handful of you out there who only read the blog and don’t watch the videos (why?), and just so you know, I have been putting out shorter videos on single indicators.
With the help of Dan Stone at Stonehill Forex, I have been able to bring you some of the more under-the-radar indicators out there, and then we run tests on them through the MT4 Strategy tester, and see how they perform on…
Dan Stone then makes some adjustments to the settings to see if there is any improvement, and there almost always is.
Really intriguing stuff, and it has been super well-received so far.
The First Four
We began with the Schaff Trend Cycle (I wanted to start out with a really good one), and here’s what we found.
- Performed well across all pairs
- Dan’s settings tweaks typically resulted in less trades, which was not surprising
Next we thought we would give you a baseline, and a good obscure one is the McGinley Dynamic Index
- Neat little color change feature, most baselines don’t have that
- Double-digit ROIs, sometimes before the tweaks! That’s a great starting point for a baseline.
One of the harder-to-find indis out there is the Bull Bear Impulse indicator
- Very interesting how it’s a combination of 3 different confirmations
- Viewers were really impressed with this one when they did their own testing.
And finally another baseline, a slightly more common one with VIDYA
- A number of subscribers use this as their baseline
- It loves Bitcoin!
We will try to keep these going every week, or every other week at the very worst.
I hope you enjoy and I hope it helps improve your trading system for the better.